BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING
BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING (BIM)
In the digital age, Building Information Modeling (BIM)—an intelligent modeling-based approach that provides insight for more efficient planning, designing and constructing as well as managing buildings and infrastructure—has become an integral part of the design and construction process. Used not only for clash detection with other trades, BIM generates precise purchasing information, as well as analysis and documentation of building systems from concept through construction.
Alpha Mechanical maintains a cutting-edge BIM department that functions under the oversight of our construction operations group and is organized according to trade specialties—plumbing, hydronic piping and sheet metal. Backed by BIM training and a solid foundation that includes hands-on field experience as well as valuable input from highly qualified superintendents and lead foremen, our detailing professionals are skilled in industry leading software programs that include Revit, CADPIPE and CAMduct.
- • Encourage trade collaboration and teamwork
- • Allow for better cost controls
- • Reduce conflicts/clashes in field installations
- • Improve retrieval of information
- • Reduce waste with exact quantity take-offs
- • Allow embedding of vital information such as vendors and quantities for estimating and purchasing
- • Generate customized output suitable for fabrication
- • Provide information that assists with commissioning, operations and maintenance